How much sleep do I need?
How much sleep do I need? Lot of people want to know this and search over internet. While there are no exact answer as it vary person to person. Most healthy adults need seven to nine hours of sleeping in day. Children need to sleep more and older people their sleeping hours decrease day by day while getting older. For older people they may have trouble sleeping at night can take nap at day time.
Why you need proper sleeping
For living a healthy life proper sleeping is much important. There are no other alternative of proper sleep to live a physical, mental life. Today how you are feeling mostly depends upon how better you have slept last night.
For children specially, their physical growth depends upon proper sleeping. Here is Seven reason why you need proper sleeping in your life.
- Proper sleeping make you more productive.
- It reduces risk of your over weight gain.
- It influence your hormone which is responsible for hungriness.
- It give you mental strength to perform anything faster.
- It reduces risk of heart failure and disease.
- Proper sleeping keep you cheerful and joyful all day long.
- It help your digestion system.
How much sleep do I need
Though sleeping hours depend person to person experts suggest below table.
Hours Needed to Sleep
|Newborn to 3 months old||14 – 17 hrs|
|4 to 11 months old||12 – 15 hrs|
|1 to 2 years old||11 – 14 hrs|
|3 to 5 years old||10 – 13 hrs|
|6 to 13 years old||9 – 11 hrs|
|14 to 17 years old||8 – 10 hrs|
|Young adults (18 to 25 years old)||7 – 9 hrs|
|Adults (26 to 64 years old)||7 – 9 hrs|
|Older adults (65+)||7 – 8 hrs|
How to have adequate sleeping
If you have problem in sleeping you can follow below steps, hopefully it will help you much
- Go to bed in same time everyday, try to be in a routine.
- Follow same routine in weekend also. Your body clock will be in the same routine to follow.
- Before one hour of sleeping try to avoid artificial light like mobile/TV screen or light.
- Do not take heavy food before go to sleep.
- Totally avoid alcohol and cigarettes for good.
- Spend some quality time everyday and do some physical exercise.
- Make sure you bedroom is free of noise, dark and atmosphere is at your favor.
- If possible take a shower with worm water.
- Do not take nap in day time if you have problem in sleeping at night.
- Drink warm milk everyday. You can take some nut also.
- Try to be relaxed, do not take any pressure while going to bed.
If you still have problem in sleeping, consult with your doctor immediately. You doctor will give you good advise and medicine. Discuss with his if you are in a mental stress or any other related issue.
Some Tricky Tips info about sleeping
- There is a biological clock inside your body who instruct you to sleep at night and wake up in the morning.
- If you sleep one hour less at night it will impact your mental health day time.
- Less sleeping is a debt you have to pay this debt, there is no other way.